The Secunia Personal Software Inspector (PSI) is a free computer security solution that identifies vulnerabilities in non-Microsoft (third-party) programs which can leave your PC open to attacks.
Simply put, it scans software on your system and identifies programs in need of security updates to safeguard your PC against cybercriminals. It then supplies your computer with the necessary software security updates to keep it safe. The Secunia PSI even automates the updates for your insecure programs, making it a lot easier for you to maintain a secure PC.
Using a scanner like Secunia PSI 3.0 is complementary to antivirus software, and as a free computer security program, is essential for every home computer.
How to Install
1. Choose your Installer Language and click OK.
2. At Welcome screen, click Next button.
3. Read and Accept the agreement. Click Next to continue.
4. Just leave the defaults settings (in my case, i choose the third one) and click Next button (you can change this setting later).
5. Click Finish to close setup.
Launch the Scanner
6. To launch the scanner, click Yes.
7. Click Scan Now button to run the scanner.
8. Wait until finish.
9. Now, you will see the list of programs that needed to update.
10. To start update, just click “Click to Update”.
11. The downloading updates in progress.
Change Update Setting
12. To change the update setting, click on Setting icon > Update Handling. You can choose:
a. Update (recommended) – this option will automatic update and install the new software
b. Download, let me update – this option will automatic update the new software but you can manully choose whether to install or not.
c. Notify (not recommended) – this option will only notify you. You need to download and install the latest software manually.
13. To view the history of update activity and status, just click on History icon.
14. To delete the history, click on Delete History icon.
15. After you update all the application, you can re-scan by click on Scan Again button.